As we come to a close on 2012, we may find ourselves taking inventory of all that’s happened in this past year.
I know it’s a little cliché. But, reflecting on this past year brings awareness to the things we did and didn’t do. It allows us to shine gratitude on: people, experiences, things…and ourselves for all that’s happened. Don’t blink!
Time Life goes by so fast when we’re not watching closely!
If you’re a journal-type, it may be fun to jot some questions/thoughts down. I was thinking about what my experiences have been like and what I am wanting to bring in for 2013. Don’t doubt…we have the power to create anything in our lives!
Where your attention goes, your energy flows.
Here are some ideas to get you started…
- What were your top 5 highlights of 2012?
- Were there any major life changes or emotional shifts? If so, what were they & how did they make you feel?
- What were some things that you felt disappointment about?
- What 3 words would describe or sum up the overall ‘vibe’ of your 2012 year?
And now for our dreams and wishes in 2013…
- What feelings do you want to release in 2013? (fear, attachment, ego, etc.)
- What feelings do you want to create in 2013? (peace, love, balance, etc.)
- Close your eyes. What does 2013 look like for you? What does it feel like?
- (One of my fav subjects)…If you could do one ultimate-loving thing for yourself in 2013, what would that be? (a massage, more yoga, self-love journal, etc.)
- For a deeper look: examine these (below) areas of your life and see where you are dissatisfied. What do you want to create more of within these four areas?
I talk about The Four Agreements often. One of these agreements is to “be impeccable with your word.” Say what you mean, and mean what you say. This includes being true to yourself and your own words! If you set a goal…be true to this desire; and take actions to meet it. You deserve it.
If you’ve written these Q & A’s down, you can place it on display, where you’ll be reminded of the intentions you’ve set. Throughout the next couple months (or even the year) ~ check in with these notes. This will bring your attention back to your intentions and keep you in connection to what’s important to you.
Stop waiting and start CREATING today.
Have fun with this! The world is yours to create!
Happy New Year!